Geroge Orwell

We sleep safe in our beds at because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Has it been THAT long!

Goodness gracious! I just looked at the date of my last post and it was August 19,2009. In a way I guess that is good. Since then Jacob has been on CQ, in the field and made another night jump. It was suppose to be at 2100 hours. Of course with the ARMY he finally made the jump at 0030 hours. To quote Jacob, "Dad, I landed so soft you would have thought G-d was setting me on the ground. I never had a landing that good". Coming from Jacob that is quite a big deal.

On a sad part I saw on the news where 45 brave young warriors had made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan last month. A co-worker at the world's largest retailer said to me she didn't understand all the fuss over Michael Jackson's death. Why, she asked was he revered for making music. I agreed with her and threw in Elvis. Then I casually said I don't understand why these 45 young warriors weren't given the same media coverage. Dianne replied they are the true heroes, they are the ones who should be on the news and revered. Of course I agreed.

It made me wonder, why isn't the media covering the Afghanistan war on terror. When George Bush was the President a day didn't go by without a body count. Now that Hussein Obama is President ABC and NBC don't run anything Afghan news at all. Is there anything to this media bias? I'll report, you decide. G-d Bless those young warriors and may G-d stand silently by their loved ones with his comforting arms around them.

On a lighter side I went to McDonalds the other day with Jacob's niece and nephew. Happy Meals are still in with the little ones I guess. While doing the order, wait, wait, and watch to very active 4 and 7 year old grandchildren I see a sign BEHIND the counter. It read:

Braille Menus and Picture Menus available upon request.

Now I don't mean to be un-politically correct HOWEVER, does that make any sense to ANYBODY!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong but Braille is a means for blind people to read by touch. Let me say again, THE SIGN WAS BEHIND THE COUNTER!!!

Picture Menus I would surmise are for people WHO DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH or perhaps can't read a regular menu. am I missing something here. If you can't read .........Oh I give up!

Have a good Sunday and a great week.

G-d Bless American and y'all!

4 comments:

MightyMom said...

hey you were in McDonald's...what do you expect???


glad he landed well...kinda like an angel helped him down huh??......yaknow.


and yup. bush+war=big news obama+war=no news. go figure.

Unknown said...

So good to read your words once again. Good to hear of the soft landing! Truly the fact that August is the deadliest month, and it is getting no media coverage is nothing less than a disgrace.
~AM

Becky said...

Hi! Could you send me your email so I can send you an invite to my blog (I just made it private). Thanks! bexavery@gmail.com

ABNPOPPA said...

Ladies,

Thank you for commenting. I hope to get over to your blogs over the weekend. If you have read my post of today you realize will be a busy one.

God Bless

Pops

Powered By Blogger