Geroge Orwell

We sleep safe in our beds at because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Went to Church Today

I went to church today as is my habit on most Sunday mornings. I have seldom mentioned going to church on this blog but, on occasions it seems appropriate. I am not going to try to convince you that you need to spend Sunday morning or Friday evening or whatever your Sabbath day is, in a temple or church or whatever. That's not what this post is about.

It's about the sometimes strangeness I see in totally what appears to be unrelated happenings in my life. Most of my followers know ABNMOMMA passed away in March of this year as the result of lung cancer. Many of you also know that my Pastor's wife, Linda, was diagnosed a short 5 weeks later with Stage 3 Breast cancer. Some of you even know I wondered out loud in my emails to you and on my blogs if these two incidents had some meaning to them. Meaning that I and my good friend Pastor were not aware of.

Thursday I emailed Pastor and asked him to say a few words for the family of Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey at this Sunday's service. I admit with Pastor be retired US ARMY this didn't take much encouragement from me. Pastor fulfilled his promise as did our associate Pastor during morning prayer. I know Pastor begins to work on next Sunday's sermon and service on Tuesday so by Thursday when my email arrived late in the evening this Sunday's service was most likely completed.

After morning prayers the first Congregational song was "The Steps of a Good Man". It is from a passage in Psalms. It goes like this:

Psalms 37: 23-26 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand. I have been young and am now old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful and lendeth and his seed is blessed.

I never had the chance to meet Staff Sgt. Michael Murphery but I am certain of one thing. This is the kind of man God had in His Plan described in this Psalm. He gave his all for his family, friends and country. I am certain, in my mind, the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

What does this mean. Do you see any possible Divine intervention in these two incidents in my life? It has to make you wonder. It does me.

As I proof read this before posting I noticed one mistake and I want to correct it here. Does it make me wonder, NO, Why? Because I know He has a plan. I just don't know all the details.

God Bless America and all our brave Warriors!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a thoughtful post.
Thank you!
~AM

MightyMom said...

it's not for us to see The Plan...only to follow where He leads.

Airborne dad said...

Amen!

MightyMom said...

off topic:

please come and play Thesaurus Thursday today!

ABNPOPPA said...

Just so everyone knows I went to play over at MM's blog. Didn't know the words but, I played.

Pops

Powered By Blogger